Thousands Gather In Old Sacramento For New Year’s Eve Celebration
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Sacramento for the city’s 2013 New Year’s Eve celebration.
Visitors packed were packed nearly shoulder to shoulder down the cobblestone streets of Old Sacramento to catch the 8,000 fireworks that lit up the sky.
One year ago, a deadly shooting rocked the festivities in Old Sacramento. With the New Year, there were new safety measures. Over 100 officers were spread throughout the crowd.
Many of the people we spoke to felt safer, seeing the noticeably larger security presence on hand. The heavy police presence, along with the help of witnesses, led to the capture of two suspects accused of firing a gun from a parking structure.
As many as 20,000 people made their way to Old Sacramento by midnight.