Thousands Gather In Old Sacramento For New Year’s Eve Celebration
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Sacramento for the city’s 2013 New Year’s Eve celebration.
Visitors packed were packed nearly shoulder to shoulder down the cobblestone streets of Old Sacramento to catch the 8,000 fireworks that lit up the sky.
One year ago, a deadly shooting rocked the festivities in Old Sacramento. With the New Year, there were new safety measures. Over 100 officers were spread throughout the crowd.
Many of the people we spoke to felt safer, seeing the noticeably larger security presence on hand. The heavy police presence, along with the help of witnesses, led to the capture of two suspects accused of firing a gun from a parking structure.
As many as 20,000 people made their way to Old Sacramento by midnight.