Thousands Gather In Old Sacramento For New Year’s Eve Celebration
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Thousands of people filled the streets of Old Sacramento for the city’s 2013 New Year’s Eve celebration.
Visitors packed were packed nearly shoulder to shoulder down the cobblestone streets of Old Sacramento to catch the 8,000 fireworks that lit up the sky.
One year ago, a deadly shooting rocked the festivities in Old Sacramento. With the New Year, there were new safety measures. Over 100 officers were spread throughout the crowd.
Many of the people we spoke to felt safer, seeing the noticeably larger security presence on hand. The heavy police presence, along with the help of witnesses, led to the capture of two suspects accused of firing a gun from a parking structure.
As many as 20,000 people made their way to Old Sacramento by midnight.