Dog Saves Sacramento Woman From Christmas Tragedy In Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Debbie White went to sleep readying to celebrate Christmas when her Sacramento home caught fire.
She might not have seen the holiday had it not been for her dog.
White says she had no idea until Forest, a pit-lab mix, warned her the home had caught fire.
“He wouldn’t leave the house without me,” she said.
Forest ran into her bedroom and jumped on top of White, biting her to try to get her out of the burning home.
“I was so far into sleep that I was going to die,” she said. “He drug me out the door and into the front yard.”
The bedroom erupted in flames.
“My family could be planning a funeral, because they say the smoke was above me,” she said. “I would do anything for this dog. This dog saved my life.”