Dog Saves Sacramento Woman From Christmas Tragedy In Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Debbie White went to sleep readying to celebrate Christmas when her Sacramento home caught fire.
She might not have seen the holiday had it not been for her dog.
White says she had no idea until Forest, a pit-lab mix, warned her the home had caught fire.
“He wouldn’t leave the house without me,” she said.
Forest ran into her bedroom and jumped on top of White, biting her to try to get her out of the burning home.
“I was so far into sleep that I was going to die,” she said. “He drug me out the door and into the front yard.”
The bedroom erupted in flames.
“My family could be planning a funeral, because they say the smoke was above me,” she said. “I would do anything for this dog. This dog saved my life.”