2nd Winner Of $636M Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot Comes Forward
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — California Lottery officials say the second of two winners of the $636 million Mega Millions jackpot has come forward to claim the prize.
Steve Tran of Northern California came forward Thursday afternoon, 16 days after officials revealed there were two winning jackpot tickets.
The other winner, Ira Curry, is from Georgia and came forward to claim her prize Dec. 18. Lottery officials there say she opted to take the lump sum payment of about $120 million after taxes.
The winning ticket in California was purchased at a gift shop in San Jose. The gift ship owner will receive $1 million.
The jackpot is the second-largest lottery prize in U.S. history. It started its ascent Oct. 4.
- California Lottery Sales Top $5B For First Time
- Calif. Store Sells $60 Million Powerball Ticket
- California Lottery Wants To Make Tickets Available At The Pump
- Fortunate Cookie Wins California Woman $421K
- Sacramento-Area Store Sells $60M Powerball Ticket
- Milpitas Gas Station That Sold Winning Mega Millions Ticket Getting $1 Million
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.