2nd Winner Of $636M Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot Comes Forward
You might also like...
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — California Lottery officials say the second of two winners of the $636 million Mega Millions jackpot has come forward to claim the prize.
Steve Tran of Northern California came forward Thursday afternoon, 16 days after officials revealed there were two winning jackpot tickets.
The other winner, Ira Curry, is from Georgia and came forward to claim her prize Dec. 18. Lottery officials there say she opted to take the lump sum payment of about $120 million after taxes.
The winning ticket in California was purchased at a gift shop in San Jose. The gift ship owner will receive $1 million.
The jackpot is the second-largest lottery prize in U.S. history. It started its ascent Oct. 4.
- Sacramento-Area Store Sells $60M Powerball Ticket
- Milpitas Gas Station That Sold Winning Mega Millions Ticket Getting $1 Million
- 2nd Winner Of $636M Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot Comes Forward
- Calif. Mega Millions Lottery Winner Still Hasn’t Claimed Prize
- San Jose Store Owner Who Sold Winning Mega Millions Ticket To Get $1M
- Lucky Mega Millions Lotto Tickets Sold In Atlanta, San Jose
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.