Report: Vlade Divac’s Father Dies In Horrific Serbian Car Crash
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
CACAK, SERBIA (CBS13) — The father of former Sacramento Kings player Vlade Divac has died in a car crash, according to Serbian news reports.
Milenko Divac, 77, died at the hospital after what’s being described as a horrific car crash. His wife, Radmila , 72, was injured in the accident, but is expected to survive.
Serbian media reports say the car struck a light pole, then fell off a road and rolled several times. near Cacak, Serbia.
Divac played for the Kings from 1998 to 2004 during the team’s most successful years in Sacramento. He played a total of 16 years in a career that started and ended with the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Kings issued the following statement Tuesday night.
“On behalf of the entire Kings organization, we send our deepest condolences to Vlade Divac and his family. With his number 21 hanging in the rafters, Vlade will always be a King and the people of Sacramento will always consider him part of our community. Our hearts go out to him and his family during this difficult time.”