Report: Vlade Divac’s Father Dies In Horrific Serbian Car Crash
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
CACAK, SERBIA (CBS13) — The father of former Sacramento Kings player Vlade Divac has died in a car crash, according to Serbian news reports.
Milenko Divac, 77, died at the hospital after what’s being described as a horrific car crash. His wife, Radmila , 72, was injured in the accident, but is expected to survive.
Serbian media reports say the car struck a light pole, then fell off a road and rolled several times. near Cacak, Serbia.
Divac played for the Kings from 1998 to 2004 during the team’s most successful years in Sacramento. He played a total of 16 years in a career that started and ended with the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Kings issued the following statement Tuesday night.
“On behalf of the entire Kings organization, we send our deepest condolences to Vlade Divac and his family. With his number 21 hanging in the rafters, Vlade will always be a King and the people of Sacramento will always consider him part of our community. Our hearts go out to him and his family during this difficult time.”