Report: Vlade Divac’s Father Dies In Horrific Serbian Car Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CACAK, SERBIA (CBS13) — The father of former Sacramento Kings player Vlade Divac has died in a car crash, according to Serbian news reports.
Milenko Divac, 77, died at the hospital after what’s being described as a horrific car crash. His wife, Radmila , 72, was injured in the accident, but is expected to survive.
Serbian media reports say the car struck a light pole, then fell off a road and rolled several times. near Cacak, Serbia.
Divac played for the Kings from 1998 to 2004 during the team’s most successful years in Sacramento. He played a total of 16 years in a career that started and ended with the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Kings issued the following statement Tuesday night.
“On behalf of the entire Kings organization, we send our deepest condolences to Vlade Divac and his family. With his number 21 hanging in the rafters, Vlade will always be a King and the people of Sacramento will always consider him part of our community. Our hearts go out to him and his family during this difficult time.”