Deadly Turlock Hit-And-Run Accident Leaves Neighborhood Shocked
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
TURLOCK (CBS13) —A woman was killed and her boyfriend was injured in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Turlock on Thursday night.
The couple was out walking their dog in the neighborhood surrounding Summerfaire Park when the crash happened.
Police say they’ve interviewed a person of interest in the case who lives in the neighborhood, and they’re continuing to investigate.
They say it appears the driver lost control after taking a turn, jumped the curb, then hit a tree, likely striking the couple on a sidewalk.
“Unfortunately with this incident, it’s somebody who happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time,” said officer Mayra Lewis.
Investigator say the driver left the car and took off running.
Neighbors say the couple’s dog is missing and hope someone on the block knows where it can be found.