Deadly Turlock Hit-And-Run Accident Leaves Neighborhood Shocked
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
TURLOCK (CBS13) —A woman was killed and her boyfriend was injured in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Turlock on Thursday night.
The couple was out walking their dog in the neighborhood surrounding Summerfaire Park when the crash happened.
Police say they’ve interviewed a person of interest in the case who lives in the neighborhood, and they’re continuing to investigate.
They say it appears the driver lost control after taking a turn, jumped the curb, then hit a tree, likely striking the couple on a sidewalk.
“Unfortunately with this incident, it’s somebody who happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time,” said officer Mayra Lewis.
Investigator say the driver left the car and took off running.
Neighbors say the couple’s dog is missing and hope someone on the block knows where it can be found.