Deadly Turlock Hit-And-Run Accident Leaves Neighborhood Shocked
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TURLOCK (CBS13) —A woman was killed and her boyfriend was injured in a deadly hit-and-run accident in Turlock on Thursday night.
The couple was out walking their dog in the neighborhood surrounding Summerfaire Park when the crash happened.
Police say they’ve interviewed a person of interest in the case who lives in the neighborhood, and they’re continuing to investigate.
They say it appears the driver lost control after taking a turn, jumped the curb, then hit a tree, likely striking the couple on a sidewalk.
“Unfortunately with this incident, it’s somebody who happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time,” said officer Mayra Lewis.
Investigator say the driver left the car and took off running.
Neighbors say the couple’s dog is missing and hope someone on the block knows where it can be found.