Employee Killed In O’Reilly Auto Parts Robbery Remembered
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A 22-year-old O’Reilly Auto Parts employee killed while defending himself in a robbery was mourned by friends and family on Friday.
Marc Zhuchenko used a knife to stab the suspect during a robbery on Thursday night on Elkhorn Boulevard before he was shot and killed, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies.
For Iana Zhuchenko, her son was the type to want to defend his coworkers, an honorable brother, son and friend.
“He was my best friend,” she said. “He was open with me to talk about anything.”
Marc recently graduated from American River College, where he also worked.
The college released a statement that read in part: “ARC is so saddened about Marc’s tragic loss. Our deepest thoughts go out to his family during this difficult time. Marc was a beloved member of the ARC family and our hearts are broken.”
The robbery suspect was found after he sought treatment at the emergency room and is in the process of being booked into Sacramento County Jail.