Keyes Man Arrested In Connection With Gang-Related Killing In Modesto
MODSETO (CBS13) – A Keyes man is behind bars, accused of murder in the death of a Modesto man over the weekend.
Police were called out to El Paso Avenue and Santa Fe Street in Modesto on Saturday at around 11 p.m. to investigate reports of a shooting. There, they found David Cruz, 21, of Modesto, lying in the roadway with several gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital where he later died, according to Modesto P.D. spokesperson Heather Graves.
Detectives learned that Adam Botello, 31, of Keyes, along with several other people, had been involved in an apparent gang-related confrontation with Cruz. They allege one of the people with Botello shot Cruz.
Through their investigation, detectives were led to identify Botello as a suspect. Although they don’t believe he pulled the trigger, they placed him under arrest on a felony murder charge for allegedly participating in the incident. He’s also being charged with taking part in a criminal street gang. He was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail.
Police urge anyone with information about the shooting to please call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.
- State Bar Wants To Take Over Cases From Modesto Attorney Accused Of Murder
- Modesto Concert After Party Turns Deadly
- Modesto World War II Veteran, 94, Dies In Hospital Following Brutal Home Invasion
- Large Crowd Packs Modesto Courtroom As Attorney, CHP Officers Face Murder Charges
- Former Stanislaus DA Candidate Arrested In Connection To Murder Of Turlock Man