Keyes Man Arrested In Connection With Gang-Related Killing In Modesto
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
MODSETO (CBS13) – A Keyes man is behind bars, accused of murder in the death of a Modesto man over the weekend.
Police were called out to El Paso Avenue and Santa Fe Street in Modesto on Saturday at around 11 p.m. to investigate reports of a shooting. There, they found David Cruz, 21, of Modesto, lying in the roadway with several gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital where he later died, according to Modesto P.D. spokesperson Heather Graves.
Detectives learned that Adam Botello, 31, of Keyes, along with several other people, had been involved in an apparent gang-related confrontation with Cruz. They allege one of the people with Botello shot Cruz.
Through their investigation, detectives were led to identify Botello as a suspect. Although they don’t believe he pulled the trigger, they placed him under arrest on a felony murder charge for allegedly participating in the incident. He’s also being charged with taking part in a criminal street gang. He was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail.
Police urge anyone with information about the shooting to please call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.