MODSETO (CBS13) – A Keyes man is behind bars, accused of murder in the death of a Modesto man over the weekend.
Police were called out to El Paso Avenue and Santa Fe Street in Modesto on Saturday at around 11 p.m. to investigate reports of a shooting. There, they found David Cruz, 21, of Modesto, lying in the roadway with several gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital where he later died, according to Modesto P.D. spokesperson Heather Graves.
Detectives learned that Adam Botello, 31, of Keyes, along with several other people, had been involved in an apparent gang-related confrontation with Cruz. They allege one of the people with Botello shot Cruz.
Through their investigation, detectives were led to identify Botello as a suspect. Although they don’t believe he pulled the trigger, they placed him under arrest on a felony murder charge for allegedly participating in the incident. He’s also being charged with taking part in a criminal street gang. He was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail.
Police urge anyone with information about the shooting to please call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.
- Body Of Naked Woman Found In Modesto Alley
- Two Weeks Later, No Sign Of Elderly Modesto Man Who Walked Away From His Home
- California State Assemblyman’s Modesto Office Vandalized
- Sheriff: Body Found Along East Modesto Road Was Victim Of Hit-And-Run
- Indie Theaters, Including In Davis And Modesto, Showing ‘1984’ In Protest Of Pres. Trump