Manteca Man Accused In Death Of Girlfriend’s Daughter
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
MANTECA (CBS13) – Police have arrested a Manteca man accused of killing his girlfriend’s 19-month-old daughter.
On Saturday at around 1:30 p.m., Manteca police received a call from a hospital emergency room reporting that a 19-month-old girl was brought to them unresponsive, according to a statement from Manteca P.D. When officers arrived, the child had already died. Due to the circumstances surrounding the child’s death, detectives were asked to investigate.
Detectives say the child was brought to the emergency room by the child’s mother’s boyfriend, 21-year-old Longino Lamont Tolefree Jr., of Manteca, after, Tolefree indicated, the child had medical issues.
The San Joaquin County Coroner’s Office on Monday conducted an autopsy on the child and found evidence indicating the girl was the victim of a homicide.
At around 6:30 p.m. Monday, detectives went to Tolefree’s workplace in Lathrop where they arrested him for the girl’s death. He was later booked into the San Joaquin County Jail on charges of child abuse on a child under 8 causing death, guardian infliction injury to child under 8 causing death, and corporal injury to a child under 8 years old.
Tolefree is being held on $1,050,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned on January 15 at 1:25 p.m. at Manteca Superior Court.
More Manteca-Related Stories
- Manteca Police Warn Residents Junk Mail Thieves Searching Trash For Identity Theft Material
- Manteca Rallying To Rebuild Santa’s Home Before Annual Christmas Parade
- Manteca Plans To Outlaw Homeless Encampments In December With No Plans For Permanent Shelter
- Man, Woman Arrested During Investigation Into Shooting Death Of 11-Year-Old Manteca Boy
- Manteca Boy Allegedly Shot In Head By Teen Dies