Babysitter Arrested For Death Of 2-Year-Old Sacramento Boy
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An arrest has been made in the homicide investigation of a Sacramento toddler who was found dead after being left in the care of a neighbor last November.
On Nov. 4, sheriff’s deputies responded to the 2900 block of Watt Avenue after 2-year old William Philyaw’s mother found him unresponsive. Three days later, the Sacramento Coroner’s Office would determine Philyaw’s cause of death to be blunt force trauma.
Philyaw and his older brother were being watched by 30-year-old Samuel Crutchor on the night of the 2-year-old’s death. However, Crutchor was nowhere to be found when mom returned to the apartment.
Crutchor was arrested Tuesday on a murder charge and felony assault resulting in the death of a child. He is booked in Sacramento County Jail and is being held without bail.