Babysitter Arrested For Death Of 2-Year-Old Sacramento Boy
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An arrest has been made in the homicide investigation of a Sacramento toddler who was found dead after being left in the care of a neighbor last November.
On Nov. 4, sheriff’s deputies responded to the 2900 block of Watt Avenue after 2-year old William Philyaw’s mother found him unresponsive. Three days later, the Sacramento Coroner’s Office would determine Philyaw’s cause of death to be blunt force trauma.
Philyaw and his older brother were being watched by 30-year-old Samuel Crutchor on the night of the 2-year-old’s death. However, Crutchor was nowhere to be found when mom returned to the apartment.
Crutchor was arrested Tuesday on a murder charge and felony assault resulting in the death of a child. He is booked in Sacramento County Jail and is being held without bail.