Kimball Island Fire Almost Contained
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
KIMBALL ISLAND, Calif. (AP) — A fire burning on Kimball Island that led to evacuations is nearly contained after the blaze damaged three homes and some outbuildings.
A Solano County fire dispatcher said on Wednesday that there were still some visible flames, but that units had been cleared and the command terminated.
The U.S. Coast Guard evacuated at least four people from the island, which is only accessible by boat.
The brush fire started Tuesday and quickly grew as winds fanned the flames.
Officials said there are 20 buildings on the island just north of Antioch near the Contra Costa, Solano and Sacramento County borders.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.