PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Showtime says Philip Seymour Hoffman will star in a new comedy series about a middle-aged man’s pursuit of happiness.
The premium cable channel says the series, titled “Happyish,” co-stars Kathryn Hahn and Rhys Ifans.
Hoffman won an Oscar for 2005’s “Capote.” He’s among a number of big-screen stars choosing to work in television as well.
Billy Bob Thornton, who’s starring in the FX series “Fargo,” said this week that TV has eclipsed movies as the place for sophisticated fare.
Showtime on Thursday also announced a new drama, “The Affair,” starring Dominic West, Ruth Wilson, Maura Tierney and Joshua Jackson. The channel says “The Affair” and “Happyish” will air sometime in the next year.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Jason Aldean Releases ‘I Won’t Back Down’ To Raise Money For Vegas Shooting Victims
- “When he read that disadvantage…I knew it was going to hurt me.” ‘Survivor’ Castoff Alan Ball: Post Elimination Q&A
- ‘Ron Is Used To Getting His Way’: Brad Garrett On Butting Heads With Dr. Bull
- Me Too: Alyssa Milano Elevates Harvey Weinstein Conversation
- ‘We Were Really In This Family Sandwich’: Mark Feuerstein Talks Inspiration For ‘9JKL’