Showtime: Philip Seymour Hoffman To Star In Comedy
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Showtime says Philip Seymour Hoffman will star in a new comedy series about a middle-aged man’s pursuit of happiness.
The premium cable channel says the series, titled “Happyish,” co-stars Kathryn Hahn and Rhys Ifans.
Hoffman won an Oscar for 2005′s “Capote.” He’s among a number of big-screen stars choosing to work in television as well.
Billy Bob Thornton, who’s starring in the FX series “Fargo,” said this week that TV has eclipsed movies as the place for sophisticated fare.
Showtime on Thursday also announced a new drama, “The Affair,” starring Dominic West, Ruth Wilson, Maura Tierney and Joshua Jackson. The channel says “The Affair” and “Happyish” will air sometime in the next year.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- #Trending In Entertainment: The “Fifty Shades Of Grey” Trailer, Comic Con, And Adam Levine Is Married
- Elk Grove Animator Behind Weird Al Yankovic’s ‘Word Crimes’ Music Video
- CBS Connects With Fans At Comic Con 2014
- Fans Start Lining Up As Comic-Con Floor Opens
- ‘Late Show’ With Stephen Colbert To Stay In New York