PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Showtime says Philip Seymour Hoffman will star in a new comedy series about a middle-aged man’s pursuit of happiness.
The premium cable channel says the series, titled “Happyish,” co-stars Kathryn Hahn and Rhys Ifans.
Hoffman won an Oscar for 2005’s “Capote.” He’s among a number of big-screen stars choosing to work in television as well.
Billy Bob Thornton, who’s starring in the FX series “Fargo,” said this week that TV has eclipsed movies as the place for sophisticated fare.
Showtime on Thursday also announced a new drama, “The Affair,” starring Dominic West, Ruth Wilson, Maura Tierney and Joshua Jackson. The channel says “The Affair” and “Happyish” will air sometime in the next year.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Creators Of ‘The Good Wife’ Welcome Show’s End; Possible Spinoff?
- Beyonce Announces 2016 Formation World Tour After Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- The Night Before: Metallica Plays At AT&T Park
- James Hetfield: No Super Bowl Halftime Show For Metallica
- WATCH: Stephen Colbert Asks Super Bowl Players How To Get Pumped Up For His Big Show