Tracy Mom Takes Couponing To Extremes, Sometimes Stores Pay Her
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
TRACY (CBS13) — A Tracy mom has the art of couponing down to the point where sometimes stores pay her to shop.
Michelle Reis is feeding a family of five on $150 a month.
For her, saving money is something of an art form. After couponing the last six years, Michelle’s results are jaw-dropping.
“I’ve saved over $45,000,” she said. “You just gotta find the deals.”
The mother of three coupons every day on the long train ride to work so she can spend time with her husband and kids.
“I’m on the train cutting coupons, people look at me, but I just do it,” she said.
Reis says drug stores often have the best deals, and Walmart price-matches. She often brings her coupons there for one stop shopping. Sometimes, she comes out ahead and the store pays her.
“By the time I used coupons, they owed me $215,” she said.
When that happens, she gives the items to local charities.
Reis started the Coast To Coast Coupons group on Facebook, and even teaches couponing classes. This is in addition to her full-time job and being a full-time mom.
“I’m away from the house 13 hours a day,” she said. “I only see my kids half an hour a day, so I make it work.”