Modesto Man Searching For Owner Of 129-Year-Old Bible With New York Roots
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — A Modesto man is trying to find the owner of a 129-year-old family Bible he found while cleaning.
David Weaver says he doesn’t know how the Bible from New York came into his possession 20 years ago.
“I don’t go to garage sales, so I don’t think I would’ve picked it up there,” he said.
After it spent years collecting dust, Weaver decided to take a deeper look inside it and dig for clues, where he found an important lead.
“There’s a page of a marriage notification and the parents’ name of the couple were married,” he said.
The handwritten form with the last name Sleezer was in the middle of the Bible.
“I’ve got a couple of leads of descendents, but we haven’t been able to trace them back to the Sleezers that’s in the Bible,” he said.
Weaver is certain the book holds a sentimental value for a family somewhere out there, and can’t help but wonder what it’s worth monetarily.