Modesto Man Searching For Owner Of 129-Year-Old Bible With New York Roots
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
MODESTO (CBS13) — A Modesto man is trying to find the owner of a 129-year-old family Bible he found while cleaning.
David Weaver says he doesn’t know how the Bible from New York came into his possession 20 years ago.
“I don’t go to garage sales, so I don’t think I would’ve picked it up there,” he said.
After it spent years collecting dust, Weaver decided to take a deeper look inside it and dig for clues, where he found an important lead.
“There’s a page of a marriage notification and the parents’ name of the couple were married,” he said.
The handwritten form with the last name Sleezer was in the middle of the Bible.
“I’ve got a couple of leads of descendents, but we haven’t been able to trace them back to the Sleezers that’s in the Bible,” he said.
Weaver is certain the book holds a sentimental value for a family somewhere out there, and can’t help but wonder what it’s worth monetarily.