Modesto Man Searching For Owner Of 129-Year-Old Bible With New York Roots
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — A Modesto man is trying to find the owner of a 129-year-old family Bible he found while cleaning.
David Weaver says he doesn’t know how the Bible from New York came into his possession 20 years ago.
“I don’t go to garage sales, so I don’t think I would’ve picked it up there,” he said.
After it spent years collecting dust, Weaver decided to take a deeper look inside it and dig for clues, where he found an important lead.
“There’s a page of a marriage notification and the parents’ name of the couple were married,” he said.
The handwritten form with the last name Sleezer was in the middle of the Bible.
“I’ve got a couple of leads of descendents, but we haven’t been able to trace them back to the Sleezers that’s in the Bible,” he said.
Weaver is certain the book holds a sentimental value for a family somewhere out there, and can’t help but wonder what it’s worth monetarily.