LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California woman has given birth to identical triplets.
The Orange County Register reports (http://bit.ly/1msSmXt ) April Dooley’s three sons were born in roughly 4-minute intervals on Jan. 13 — at a combined weight of 14 pounds, 9 ounces. She named them Patrick, Owen and Liam.
The 42-year-old new mom says she burst into tears when she learned she was carrying a trio-to-be.
She and her husband, Brad, wanted their 5-year-old daughter Kaitlyn to have a companion at their home in Long Beach. They weren’t expecting their family to suddenly double in size.
Despite the rarity, it’s the second known set of identical triplets born in California in several months. Abby, Brin and Laurel Hepner were born Nov. 22 at Sutter Memorial Hospital to Hannah and Tom Hepner, of Quincy.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Poll: Americans Ending Friendships Over Presidential Election
- Man Buys $1 Million Lottery Ticket After Letting Rude Customer Cut In Line
- Donors Spend Near-Record Amounts On California Propositions
- Yosemite NP Head Resigns Amid Accusations Of Creating Hostile Work Environment
- Matthew Muller Pleads Guilty To Denise Huskins Kidnapping That Cops Called A Hoax