California Couple Welcomes Identical Triplets
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California woman has given birth to identical triplets.
The Orange County Register reports (http://bit.ly/1msSmXt ) April Dooley’s three sons were born in roughly 4-minute intervals on Jan. 13 — at a combined weight of 14 pounds, 9 ounces. She named them Patrick, Owen and Liam.
The 42-year-old new mom says she burst into tears when she learned she was carrying a trio-to-be.
She and her husband, Brad, wanted their 5-year-old daughter Kaitlyn to have a companion at their home in Long Beach. They weren’t expecting their family to suddenly double in size.
Despite the rarity, it’s the second known set of identical triplets born in California in several months. Abby, Brin and Laurel Hepner were born Nov. 22 at Sutter Memorial Hospital to Hannah and Tom Hepner, of Quincy.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Police Weighing Charges Against Man, 80, Who Shot Fleeing Burglar Who Said She Was Pregnant
- Search On In Stockton For Homeless Man With Tuberculosis
- Homeowners Association: Veteran Can’t Build Furniture For Military Families In Need
- Rancho Cordova Firm Works With Japanese Artist For Out-Of-This-World Photography
- Elk Grove Animator Behind Weird Al Yankovic’s ‘Word Crimes’ Music Video