LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California woman has given birth to identical triplets.
The Orange County Register reports (http://bit.ly/1msSmXt ) April Dooley’s three sons were born in roughly 4-minute intervals on Jan. 13 — at a combined weight of 14 pounds, 9 ounces. She named them Patrick, Owen and Liam.
The 42-year-old new mom says she burst into tears when she learned she was carrying a trio-to-be.
She and her husband, Brad, wanted their 5-year-old daughter Kaitlyn to have a companion at their home in Long Beach. They weren’t expecting their family to suddenly double in size.
Despite the rarity, it’s the second known set of identical triplets born in California in several months. Abby, Brin and Laurel Hepner were born Nov. 22 at Sutter Memorial Hospital to Hannah and Tom Hepner, of Quincy.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Hearing For Parents In ‘House Of Horrors’ Case Reveals Daughter’s 911 Call
- California To Defend ‘Sanctuary State’ Laws Against Federal Government
- Pres. Trump Expected To Take Action On Spike In Undocumented Families Separated At Border
- Sheriff: Michigan Man Arrested For ‘Sadistic Torture’ Of Underage Girl
- Toddlers, Babies Held In ‘Tender Age’ Facilities After Separated From Families