CHP Fatally Shoots Man Fleeing Vehicle In Oakland
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Police say a California Highway Patrol officer fatally shot a gun-wielding suspect in Oakland who fled a vehicle during a traffic stop.
Oakland police say the shooting on Tuesday — the second fatal CHP-involved shooting in 24 hours — occurred after a marked K-9 unit pulled over a newer model Toyota SUV.
Police say a passenger fled after the traffic stop, and that officers say he had a handgun.
Police say the K-9 caught up with the suspect, and both officers fired shots, killing the suspect and wounding the dog.
The shooting came less than 24 hours after police reported a separate incident involving a gun-wielding suspect being fatally shot by CHP officers after fleeing his vehicle.
The Alameda County District Attorney’s Office and Oakland police are investigating both shootings.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.