AUBURN (CBS13) – Auburn police are asking for the public’s help to track down the driver responsible for a bizarre hit-and-run incident that severely damaged an aircraft.
On December 7, 2013 at around 1 a.m., surveillance video at the Auburn Airport recorded a four-door BMW 5 Series sedan that had been driven recklessly in the snow, say police. The driver lost control of the car and smashed into a parked airplane, causing severe damage to the plane.
The car does not appear to have any distinguishing features; however police hope someone who watches the video will recognize it and call them.
Police ask anyone with tips to call 530-823-4237, extension 207, and ask for Detective Sergeant Dale Hutchins.
- Man Suspected Of Trying To Kidnap Woman In Auburn Arrested
- Police Searching For Man Who Tried To Kidnap Woman In Auburn
- Donated Fence Lands Disabled Woman In Hot Water With Neighbor
- Pilot Killed In Rio Linda Plane Crash Remembered For Kindness, Generosity
- Detectives: Sex Offender Arrested; Had Been Seen At Youth Baseball Games