AUBURN (CBS13) – Auburn police are asking for the public’s help to track down the driver responsible for a bizarre hit-and-run incident that severely damaged an aircraft.
On December 7, 2013 at around 1 a.m., surveillance video at the Auburn Airport recorded a four-door BMW 5 Series sedan that had been driven recklessly in the snow, say police. The driver lost control of the car and smashed into a parked airplane, causing severe damage to the plane.
The car does not appear to have any distinguishing features; however police hope someone who watches the video will recognize it and call them.
Police ask anyone with tips to call 530-823-4237, extension 207, and ask for Detective Sergeant Dale Hutchins.
- Detectives: CHP Officer Suspected Of Distributing Child Porn While Off-Duty
- 26-Year CHP Officer Accused Of Transmitting Child Pornography
- City Of Auburn Wants To Send Steer On Meat Market Out To Pasture
- Police: Auburn Woman Robbed, Sexually Assaulted Near Busy Shopping Center
- Crews Put Out 2 Fires Behind Auburn Shopping Center