Police Seeking Tips In Hit-And-Run Crash Betwen Car, Plane At Auburn Airport
AUBURN (CBS13) – Auburn police are asking for the public’s help to track down the driver responsible for a bizarre hit-and-run incident that severely damaged an aircraft.
On December 7, 2013 at around 1 a.m., surveillance video at the Auburn Airport recorded a four-door BMW 5 Series sedan that had been driven recklessly in the snow, say police. The driver lost control of the car and smashed into a parked airplane, causing severe damage to the plane.
The car does not appear to have any distinguishing features; however police hope someone who watches the video will recognize it and call them.
Police ask anyone with tips to call 530-823-4237, extension 207, and ask for Detective Sergeant Dale Hutchins.
- California’s Drought Makes For Ideal Gold Panning Conditions
- 2 People Sought In Connection With Fatal Rollover Crash In Auburn
- Cal Fire Crews, Meteorologists Team Up To Track Thousands Of Lightning Strikes
- Fire Destroys Auburn Women’s Transition House, But Hope Remains
- ‘The Butt Lady Of Auburn’ Picks Up 100,000 Cigarette Butts In 7 Months