AUBURN (CBS13) – Auburn police are asking for the public’s help to track down the driver responsible for a bizarre hit-and-run incident that severely damaged an aircraft.
On December 7, 2013 at around 1 a.m., surveillance video at the Auburn Airport recorded a four-door BMW 5 Series sedan that had been driven recklessly in the snow, say police. The driver lost control of the car and smashed into a parked airplane, causing severe damage to the plane.
The car does not appear to have any distinguishing features; however police hope someone who watches the video will recognize it and call them.
Police ask anyone with tips to call 530-823-4237, extension 207, and ask for Detective Sergeant Dale Hutchins.
- Did One-Time Auburn Cop Joseph DeAngelo Commit Any Crimes While On Patrol?
- He Swore To Protect And Serve. Instead, Police Say East Area Rapist Suspect Preyed On Community
- Utah Man Sentenced In Auburn Bank Robberies
- Deputies Buy Legally Blind Teen Who Runs With Flag A New Pair Of Shoes
- Authorities Targeting Homeless Camps In Auburn For Clean-Up