Police Seeking Tips In Hit-And-Run Crash Betwen Car, Plane At Auburn Airport
AUBURN (CBS13) – Auburn police are asking for the public’s help to track down the driver responsible for a bizarre hit-and-run incident that severely damaged an aircraft.
On December 7, 2013 at around 1 a.m., surveillance video at the Auburn Airport recorded a four-door BMW 5 Series sedan that had been driven recklessly in the snow, say police. The driver lost control of the car and smashed into a parked airplane, causing severe damage to the plane.
The car does not appear to have any distinguishing features; however police hope someone who watches the video will recognize it and call them.
Police ask anyone with tips to call 530-823-4237, extension 207, and ask for Detective Sergeant Dale Hutchins.
- Vigil Planned For Teens Killed In Wrong Way Crash On Interstate 80
- Girl’s Balloon Letter To Deceased Dad Finds Support 435 Miles Away At Auburn Burger Joint
- Dogs That Survived Auburn Standoff, House Fire Nearly Ready For Adoption
- Auburn Facebook Group Paying It Forward By Helping Those In Need
- Women Chased On Interstate 80 By Driver Posing As Sheriff’s Deputy In Alleged Road Rage Incident