Lodi Man Killed By Police Who Say He Charged With Knife
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) — A faceoff between Lodi Police and a knife-wielding suspect ended in bloodshed on Saturday morning.
Family and neighbors as asking what led to the bloody confrontation between Parminder Singh Shergill and officers at around 9 a.m. They’ve never seen police roll through their quiet community, but watched Saturday as they were kept back by police tape.
“I’m just really shocked and surprised, because it’s such a nice neighborhood,” said Gretchen Johnson. “Never had anything like this before.”
Officers say Shergill was shot for charging at officers, who were responding to a call about a disturbance, with a knife.
His cousin stopped to talk with CBS13 briefly. His family lives a few doors down from Shergill on Elderica Way. Now that family is gathering to grieve.
His neighbors would watch him take daily walks and he would wave at them.
“Didn’t talk much, but seemed like a friendly guy,” said Matt Gomes.
Police are investigating the incident to see what led up to the deadly shooting. The officers involved, a 22-year veteran and a 15-year veteran, will be on paid administrative leave while the investigation takes place.