Sacramento Light-Rail Murder Victim Identified As Eric McCaster, 51
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Police have confirmed the identity of the man shot Thursday night on a light-rail train.
Eric McCaster, 51, was killed on board a Regional Transit train in Downtown Sacramento near 11th and O streets.
The suspect, Lynnsey Braun, was arrested on Friday. Braun is listed as a man on the Sacramento County Jail roster, but sources tell CBS13 say that’s because Braun is transgender and identifies as a woman.
Police don’t believe gender or bias was the basis for the bizarre shooting. They added that it doesn’t appear Braun and McCaster knew each other.
Officers say the two boarded at different stops along the way.
Only adding to the mystery is one final detail from a source: Braun allegedly opened fire, then sat back down as if nothing had happened and made no effort to escape.