Sacramento Light-Rail Murder Victim Identified As Eric McCaster, 51
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Police have confirmed the identity of the man shot Thursday night on a light-rail train.
Eric McCaster, 51, was killed on board a Regional Transit train in Downtown Sacramento near 11th and O streets.
The suspect, Lynnsey Braun, was arrested on Friday. Braun is listed as a man on the Sacramento County Jail roster, but sources tell CBS13 say that’s because Braun is transgender and identifies as a woman.
Police don’t believe gender or bias was the basis for the bizarre shooting. They added that it doesn’t appear Braun and McCaster knew each other.
Officers say the two boarded at different stops along the way.
Only adding to the mystery is one final detail from a source: Braun allegedly opened fire, then sat back down as if nothing had happened and made no effort to escape.