Sacramento Light-Rail Murder Victim Identified As Eric McCaster, 51
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Police have confirmed the identity of the man shot Thursday night on a light-rail train.
Eric McCaster, 51, was killed on board a Regional Transit train in Downtown Sacramento near 11th and O streets.
The suspect, Lynnsey Braun, was arrested on Friday. Braun is listed as a man on the Sacramento County Jail roster, but sources tell CBS13 say that’s because Braun is transgender and identifies as a woman.
Police don’t believe gender or bias was the basis for the bizarre shooting. They added that it doesn’t appear Braun and McCaster knew each other.
Officers say the two boarded at different stops along the way.
Only adding to the mystery is one final detail from a source: Braun allegedly opened fire, then sat back down as if nothing had happened and made no effort to escape.