Sacramento Light-Rail Murder Victim Identified As Eric McCaster, 51
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Police have confirmed the identity of the man shot Thursday night on a light-rail train.
Eric McCaster, 51, was killed on board a Regional Transit train in Downtown Sacramento near 11th and O streets.
The suspect, Lynnsey Braun, was arrested on Friday. Braun is listed as a man on the Sacramento County Jail roster, but sources tell CBS13 say that’s because Braun is transgender and identifies as a woman.
Police don’t believe gender or bias was the basis for the bizarre shooting. They added that it doesn’t appear Braun and McCaster knew each other.
Officers say the two boarded at different stops along the way.
Only adding to the mystery is one final detail from a source: Braun allegedly opened fire, then sat back down as if nothing had happened and made no effort to escape.