Searchers Find Body Of CA Woman Missing For 8 Days
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MARINA, Calif. (AP) — The body of a Northern California woman who had been reported missing by her husband more than a week ago has been found, and investigators believe she died accidentally.
The Monterey Herald reports volunteer searchers on Saturday found Carie “Lulu” Munoz Hufford in the dense brush off a road — less than a mile from her home in Marina.
Police Cmdr. Bob Nolan said Hufford’s death remained under investigation, but that detectives did not suspect foul play and believed she died accidentally. Nolan said a witness who reported seeing someone matching her description said she appeared to be disoriented.
Hufford’s husband had told police that his wife had the flu.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)