Searchers Find Body Of CA Woman Missing For 8 Days
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
MARINA, Calif. (AP) — The body of a Northern California woman who had been reported missing by her husband more than a week ago has been found, and investigators believe she died accidentally.
The Monterey Herald reports volunteer searchers on Saturday found Carie “Lulu” Munoz Hufford in the dense brush off a road — less than a mile from her home in Marina.
Police Cmdr. Bob Nolan said Hufford’s death remained under investigation, but that detectives did not suspect foul play and believed she died accidentally. Nolan said a witness who reported seeing someone matching her description said she appeared to be disoriented.
Hufford’s husband had told police that his wife had the flu.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)