Searchers Find Body Of CA Woman Missing For 8 Days
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MARINA, Calif. (AP) — The body of a Northern California woman who had been reported missing by her husband more than a week ago has been found, and investigators believe she died accidentally.
The Monterey Herald reports volunteer searchers on Saturday found Carie “Lulu” Munoz Hufford in the dense brush off a road — less than a mile from her home in Marina.
Police Cmdr. Bob Nolan said Hufford’s death remained under investigation, but that detectives did not suspect foul play and believed she died accidentally. Nolan said a witness who reported seeing someone matching her description said she appeared to be disoriented.
Hufford’s husband had told police that his wife had the flu.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)