Searchers Find Body Of CA Woman Missing For 8 Days
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MARINA, Calif. (AP) — The body of a Northern California woman who had been reported missing by her husband more than a week ago has been found, and investigators believe she died accidentally.
The Monterey Herald reports volunteer searchers on Saturday found Carie “Lulu” Munoz Hufford in the dense brush off a road — less than a mile from her home in Marina.
Police Cmdr. Bob Nolan said Hufford’s death remained under investigation, but that detectives did not suspect foul play and believed she died accidentally. Nolan said a witness who reported seeing someone matching her description said she appeared to be disoriented.
Hufford’s husband had told police that his wife had the flu.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)