Searchers Find Body Of CA Woman Missing For 8 Days
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MARINA, Calif. (AP) — The body of a Northern California woman who had been reported missing by her husband more than a week ago has been found, and investigators believe she died accidentally.
The Monterey Herald reports volunteer searchers on Saturday found Carie “Lulu” Munoz Hufford in the dense brush off a road — less than a mile from her home in Marina.
Police Cmdr. Bob Nolan said Hufford’s death remained under investigation, but that detectives did not suspect foul play and believed she died accidentally. Nolan said a witness who reported seeing someone matching her description said she appeared to be disoriented.
Hufford’s husband had told police that his wife had the flu.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)