Yuba City Police Fatally Shoot Rifle-Wielding Man
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
YUBA CITY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot by Yuba City police officers after he refused to put down a rifle has died.
Sutter County Sheriff J. Paul Parker said Saturday that 29-year-old Kevin Shane McCoshum died after being rushed to a hospital.
Police said officers responding to a domestic disturbance call at a mobile home park Friday encountered a man and woman next to a driveway.
Police said the man ignored the officers’ demands to put down the rifle and was shot when he moved the weapon in a threatening manner.
A man who lives in the mobile home park told the Marysville Appeal-Democrat he heard four rounds and saw neighbors ducking.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)