Yuba City Police Fatally Shoot Rifle-Wielding Man
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot by Yuba City police officers after he refused to put down a rifle has died.
Sutter County Sheriff J. Paul Parker said Saturday that 29-year-old Kevin Shane McCoshum died after being rushed to a hospital.
Police said officers responding to a domestic disturbance call at a mobile home park Friday encountered a man and woman next to a driveway.
Police said the man ignored the officers’ demands to put down the rifle and was shot when he moved the weapon in a threatening manner.
A man who lives in the mobile home park told the Marysville Appeal-Democrat he heard four rounds and saw neighbors ducking.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)