Yuba City Police Fatally Shoot Rifle-Wielding Man
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot by Yuba City police officers after he refused to put down a rifle has died.
Sutter County Sheriff J. Paul Parker said Saturday that 29-year-old Kevin Shane McCoshum died after being rushed to a hospital.
Police said officers responding to a domestic disturbance call at a mobile home park Friday encountered a man and woman next to a driveway.
Police said the man ignored the officers’ demands to put down the rifle and was shot when he moved the weapon in a threatening manner.
A man who lives in the mobile home park told the Marysville Appeal-Democrat he heard four rounds and saw neighbors ducking.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)