WOODLAND (CBS13) – Law enforcement officers in Woodland arrested seven people in connection with a series of burglaries that happened in the city near the end of 2013.
In November and December, there were over 100 burglaries in Woodland, according to a statement from Woodland Police Department Sgt. Brett Hancock. Investigators were able to identify six suspects connected to those crimes, and on Thursday at 6 a.m., officers went to Woodland homes to recover some of the stolen items and arrest those believed to be responsible for the burglaries.
Officers arrested the following people:
- Mark Lasonde, 28: Burglary, possession of stolen property and a warrant.
- Kimberly Lalley, 24: Burglary, possession of stolen property and a warrant.
- Jose Garcia, 37: Possession of methamphetamine and a warrant.
- Blanca Hernandez, 30: Possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.
- Elia Garcia, 22: Possession of methamphetamine and possession of stolen property.
A few hours later, 34-year-old Salvador Villa was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
On January 25, a seventh suspect , Mario Lopez, 23, was arrested for resisting arrest, possession of a controlled substance, child endangerment and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
All of the suspects who were arrested are residents of the Woodland. They were booked into the Yolo County Jail.
In addition to the Woodland Police Department, personnel from the West Sacramento and Davis Police Departments, Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, California Highway Patrol, Yolo County Probation and the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office were involved in making the arrests.