Man Arrested In Connection With Burned Body Found Near Delta
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Sheriff’s deputies have arrested a suspect in connection with a burned body found last week near Snodgrass Slough.
The body, which was burned beyond recognition, was found last Thursday morning by a deputy on patrol. The identity of the body has since been tentatively determined to be the girlfriend of 38-year-old Robert Juan Enriquez, according to a Sacrament County Sheriff’s Department statement.
On Sunday, Enriquez called 911 reporting his live-in girlfriend left the previous day, but hadn’t returned. Deputies went Enriquez’s home and “noted physical similarities” between the woman and the body found near the slough. Enriquez was questioned further by detectives who say his story revealed inconsistencies. They also say they found more similarities between Enriquez’s girlfriend and the burned body.
Some neighbors say Enriquez often threatened his girlfriend in public.
“It’s just like, ‘I dare you,’” one neighbor said. “‘Even if you put your finger on me, I just dare you.’”
Enriquez was arrested Monday by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on charges of murder, DUI and domestic violence.
The circumstances and events leading up to the victim’s death have not been released.