Man Arrested In Connection With Burned Body Found Near Delta
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Sheriff’s deputies have arrested a suspect in connection with a burned body found last week near Snodgrass Slough.
The body, which was burned beyond recognition, was found last Thursday morning by a deputy on patrol. The identity of the body has since been tentatively determined to be the girlfriend of 38-year-old Robert Juan Enriquez, according to a Sacrament County Sheriff’s Department statement.
On Sunday, Enriquez called 911 reporting his live-in girlfriend left the previous day, but hadn’t returned. Deputies went Enriquez’s home and “noted physical similarities” between the woman and the body found near the slough. Enriquez was questioned further by detectives who say his story revealed inconsistencies. They also say they found more similarities between Enriquez’s girlfriend and the burned body.
Some neighbors say Enriquez often threatened his girlfriend in public.
“It’s just like, ‘I dare you,'” one neighbor said. “‘Even if you put your finger on me, I just dare you.'”
Enriquez was arrested Monday by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on charges of murder, DUI and domestic violence.
The circumstances and events leading up to the victim’s death have not been released.