Man Arrested In Connection With Burned Body Found Near Delta
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Sheriff’s deputies have arrested a suspect in connection with a burned body found last week near Snodgrass Slough.
The body, which was burned beyond recognition, was found last Thursday morning by a deputy on patrol. The identity of the body has since been tentatively determined to be the girlfriend of 38-year-old Robert Juan Enriquez, according to a Sacrament County Sheriff’s Department statement.
On Sunday, Enriquez called 911 reporting his live-in girlfriend left the previous day, but hadn’t returned. Deputies went Enriquez’s home and “noted physical similarities” between the woman and the body found near the slough. Enriquez was questioned further by detectives who say his story revealed inconsistencies. They also say they found more similarities between Enriquez’s girlfriend and the burned body.
Some neighbors say Enriquez often threatened his girlfriend in public.
“It’s just like, ‘I dare you,'” one neighbor said. “‘Even if you put your finger on me, I just dare you.'”
Enriquez was arrested Monday by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on charges of murder, DUI and domestic violence.
The circumstances and events leading up to the victim’s death have not been released.