14-Year-Old Charged With Murder In Sister’s Death
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The attorney for a 14-year-old California boy says his client has been charged with murder in his older sister’s shooting death that authorities say came during a dispute over laundry.
The teen’s attorney, Adante Pointer, said Thursday that the charge includes a gun enhancement and his client also faces three counts of felony gun possession.
Pointer says Alameda County prosecutors have decided to charge the boy as a juvenile and not as an adult. He’s scheduled to appear in court Monday.
Authorities say the boy shot his 17-year-old sister inside an apartment building in Oakland’s Chinatown neighborhood Jan. 23. The siblings were each parents of young children.
The boy surrendered to police Wednesday.
The Associated Press normally doesn’t name minors suspected of crimes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)