14-Year-Old Charged With Murder In Sister’s Death
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The attorney for a 14-year-old California boy says his client has been charged with murder in his older sister’s shooting death that authorities say came during a dispute over laundry.
The teen’s attorney, Adante Pointer, said Thursday that the charge includes a gun enhancement and his client also faces three counts of felony gun possession.
Pointer says Alameda County prosecutors have decided to charge the boy as a juvenile and not as an adult. He’s scheduled to appear in court Monday.
Authorities say the boy shot his 17-year-old sister inside an apartment building in Oakland’s Chinatown neighborhood Jan. 23. The siblings were each parents of young children.
The boy surrendered to police Wednesday.
The Associated Press normally doesn’t name minors suspected of crimes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)