Vacaville Police Shoot Passenger In Fast-Approaching Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – One person was shot by a Vacaville police officer overnight while riding in a vehicle as it reportedly sped toward officers.
At around midnight Friday, officers were parked along Leisure Lane near Interstate 80 conducting a traffic stop when a vehicle drove through a nearby field with its lights off and came straight towards officers, according to a Vacaville Police Department statement.
Officers fired at the car, hitting a passenger in the leg. The car then crashed into a PG&E high-voltage utility box, hit a police car and stopped.
The man who was shot was taken to the hospital, where he is expected to recover.
The driver, 25-year-old Antonio Vasquez, of Vacaville, was arrested on a felony DUI charge. A third person was also in the vehicle at the time. It’s unknown if he is facing charges.
Witnesses reported seeing the men drinking at Hide-a-Way Lounge and Grill earlier in the evening. They men, all in their 20s, were told to leave after they allegedly caused damage and created a disturbance.