Highway 12 Accident Kills Stockton Woman, Injures Modesto Woman
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY (CBS13) — A head-on collision killed a Stockton woman and sent an elderly Modesto woman to the hospital on Friday, according to the California Highway Patrol
The accident happened on Highway 12 east of Peatland Road at around 8:40 p.m.
According to the CHP, Jan Pinckney, 69, of Modesto was driving a 2013 Chrysler eastbound on Peatland Road and veered into the westbound lanes. She would hit a 2006 Scion head-on.
- Grass Valley Company Makes Camera Mounts Featured In NFL Broadcasts
- Drivers Rattled After Two Cars Shot In Downtown Roseville
- Pre-Flight Lounge Has New Lease On Life In Old Bank Vault After Losing Site To Sacramento Kings Arena
- Road Where SUV Crash With Bicycle Killed Three People No Stranger To Deadly Accidents
- Squeeze Inn Owner Falls Victim To Scammer Claiming He Was From PG&E
The Scion, driven by a 23-year-old Stockton woman, overturned and came to rest on the north shoulder on its side in an area of water.
Pinckney was taken to San Joaquin County General Hospital with moderate injuries. The unidentified 23-year-old died of her injuries.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts at the time of the accident. It’s unknown if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.