Highway 12 Accident Kills Stockton Woman, Injures Modesto Woman
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY (CBS13) — A head-on collision killed a Stockton woman and sent an elderly Modesto woman to the hospital on Friday, according to the California Highway Patrol
The accident happened on Highway 12 east of Peatland Road at around 8:40 p.m.
According to the CHP, Jan Pinckney, 69, of Modesto was driving a 2013 Chrysler eastbound on Peatland Road and veered into the westbound lanes. She would hit a 2006 Scion head-on.
- UC Davis Economics Professor: There Is No American Dream
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Turlock Police Searching For Man Who Raped Woman At Knifepoint Near Donnelly Park
- Small-Business Owners Worry Black Friday Creep Will Hurt Weekend Sales
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
The Scion, driven by a 23-year-old Stockton woman, overturned and came to rest on the north shoulder on its side in an area of water.
Pinckney was taken to San Joaquin County General Hospital with moderate injuries. The unidentified 23-year-old died of her injuries.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts at the time of the accident. It’s unknown if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.