Skiers, Boarders Enjoy New, Natural Snow At Boreal
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
With fresh powder blanketing Tahoe ski resorts, skiers and snowboarders are hitting the slopes.
Finally, there’s fresh snow in the Sierra.
“Oh, it looks beautiful out here. We got almost a foot of snow this week,” said Shaydar Edelmann, Boreal spokesperson.
This most recent storm packed just enough punch to change the game at Boreal.
“It’s probably been well over a month now we’ve been trying our best to keep up with the demand to put down a base for our skiers and riders,” said Tucker Norrad, a Boreal employee.
With 11 inches over the past few days, it’s the sight skiers have been waiting for.
“The mountains had just a little more snow on them it was beautiful,” said a skier.
“It’s going to be great. I think there’s going to be a lot of new snow and it will be a lot better than last weekend,” said skier Matt Rutger.
It’s just in time for a youth slope style competition and the weekend.
Plus, they installed a new lift called Cedar Ridge.
“That’s going to offer some new terrain that we haven’t even done this year, so it’s very exciting,” said Norrad.
There are clear blue skies and just enough snow to bring out big crowds.
“This is what we set up for and hope for we’re really excited,” said Edelmann.
Boreal is open this weekend from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
More news from the Sierra