CHP Shooting Of Sacramento Assault Suspect Forces I-80 Shutdown Near Dixon
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SOLANO COUNTY (CBS13) — An officer-involved shooting closed Eastbound Interstate 80 at Pedrick Road on Monday.
Lanes of Interstate 80 began reopening just past 10 p.m.
The California Highway Patrol says one of its officers shot a man who was subsequently hospitalized just before 8 p.m. on Monday
CHP officers say the suspect was driving at a high rate of speed on Interstate 80 when they pulled him over. The suspect is believed to have been involved in a Sacramento assault earlier in the day.
Officers say after he pulled over, he charged at them, forcing one of the officers to fire one shot from a shotgun. It is unclear whether the suspect was armed or not.
The suspect was down in one of the lanes, forcing the closure of the highway. The suspect was transported to a Vacaville hospital.