CHP Shooting Of Sacramento Assault Suspect Forces I-80 Shutdown Near Dixon
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SOLANO COUNTY (CBS13) — An officer-involved shooting closed Eastbound Interstate 80 at Pedrick Road on Monday.
Lanes of Interstate 80 began reopening just past 10 p.m.
The California Highway Patrol says one of its officers shot a man who was subsequently hospitalized just before 8 p.m. on Monday
CHP officers say the suspect was driving at a high rate of speed on Interstate 80 when they pulled him over. The suspect is believed to have been involved in a Sacramento assault earlier in the day.
Officers say after he pulled over, he charged at them, forcing one of the officers to fire one shot from a shotgun. It is unclear whether the suspect was armed or not.
The suspect was down in one of the lanes, forcing the closure of the highway. The suspect was transported to a Vacaville hospital.