CHP Shooting Of Sacramento Assault Suspect Forces I-80 Shutdown Near Dixon
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SOLANO COUNTY (CBS13) — An officer-involved shooting closed Eastbound Interstate 80 at Pedrick Road on Monday.
Lanes of Interstate 80 began reopening just past 10 p.m.
The California Highway Patrol says one of its officers shot a man who was subsequently hospitalized just before 8 p.m. on Monday
CHP officers say the suspect was driving at a high rate of speed on Interstate 80 when they pulled him over. The suspect is believed to have been involved in a Sacramento assault earlier in the day.
Officers say after he pulled over, he charged at them, forcing one of the officers to fire one shot from a shotgun. It is unclear whether the suspect was armed or not.
The suspect was down in one of the lanes, forcing the closure of the highway. The suspect was transported to a Vacaville hospital.