RAGGED POINT (AP) – Authorities say a family therapist charged with robbing a bank last fall has died after his motorhome plunged hundreds of feet off of a Central California coastal bluff.
KSBY-TV says the RV plunged off Highway 1 near Ragged Point on Sunday afternoon.
The California Highway Patrol says 56-year-old Arthur McClay Watkins was the only person in the car. The crash is under investigation.
- Man Shot And Killed In Knights Landing, 5 People Arrested
- Authorities Looking Into What Caused Explosion, Chemical Fire At Modesto Junior College
- Stockton Native, 22, Killed In Apparent Hit-And-Run In Montana
- Police: Man With Loaded Gun Arrested After Fight Outside Midtown Sacramento Bar
- Rapper XXXTentacion Shot Dead In Florida, Police Say
Watkins was a therapist in Arroyo Grande and onetime president of the local Rotary Club.
Prosecutors allege he robbed a Santa Maria bank of $60,000 at gunpoint in November. The robber dropped the money, which was grabbed by a stranger but police quickly arrested both men.
Watkins had been out on bail since Christmas and was due back in court on Thursday to enter a plea.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.