Sacramento Capitals Tennis Leaving Capital to Become Las Vegas Neon
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Capitals will be leaving town for Las Vegas after the team says it couldn’t find a permanent home.
The Capitals played 28 seasons in Sacramento and won a league-record six Mylan World TeamTennis titles, including 4 straight from 1997 to 2000.
The team will be renamed the Las Vegas Neon for the 39th WTT season.
“The Capitals franchise enjoyed many great years in Sacramento and we will miss our truly dedicated fan base there,” general manager Kolleen McNamee said in a prepared statement. “But we can’t wait to start this new chapter.”
- Spurs End Losing Streak Defeating Kings 107-96
- L.A. Football Stadium Tied To Rams Would Pose Terror Risk, Rival Group’s Report Says
- Sacramento State, UC Davis Men’s Basketball Teams Face Critical Matchups On Saturday
- DeMarcus Cousins Sitting Out Sacramento Kings Game Against Spurs
- Former Kings Center Scot Pollard joins Deuce and Jason Ross