SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Capitals will be leaving town for Las Vegas after the team says it couldn’t find a permanent home.
The Capitals played 28 seasons in Sacramento and won a league-record six Mylan World TeamTennis titles, including 4 straight from 1997 to 2000.
The team will be renamed the Las Vegas Neon for the 39th WTT season.
“The Capitals franchise enjoyed many great years in Sacramento and we will miss our truly dedicated fan base there,” general manager Kolleen McNamee said in a prepared statement. “But we can’t wait to start this new chapter.”
- Mac Williamson Hits Homer In Giants Win In First Game Since Call-Up
- Bum Thumb Lands Hunter Pence On Disabled List
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Former Broncos, Eagles Lineman Evan Mathis Sells 1952 Mickey Mantle Card For Over 2 Million Dollars
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely