Sacramento Capitals Tennis Leaving Capital to Become Las Vegas Neon
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Capitals will be leaving town for Las Vegas after the team says it couldn’t find a permanent home.
The Capitals played 28 seasons in Sacramento and won a league-record six Mylan World TeamTennis titles, including 4 straight from 1997 to 2000.
The team will be renamed the Las Vegas Neon for the 39th WTT season.
“The Capitals franchise enjoyed many great years in Sacramento and we will miss our truly dedicated fan base there,” general manager Kolleen McNamee said in a prepared statement. “But we can’t wait to start this new chapter.”