SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Capitals will be leaving town for Las Vegas after the team says it couldn’t find a permanent home.
The Capitals played 28 seasons in Sacramento and won a league-record six Mylan World TeamTennis titles, including 4 straight from 1997 to 2000.
The team will be renamed the Las Vegas Neon for the 39th WTT season.
“The Capitals franchise enjoyed many great years in Sacramento and we will miss our truly dedicated fan base there,” general manager Kolleen McNamee said in a prepared statement. “But we can’t wait to start this new chapter.”
- San Francisco Giants Give Mark Melancon 4 Years, $62 Million To Solve Bullpen Woes
- Jake Browning, Jonah Williams Highlight Folsom High’s Role In College Football Playoff
- Jake Browning Not Among Heisman Trophy Finalists
- The Grant Napear Show featuring Doug Christie: Dan Wolken
- Innocent until proven guilty; The Grant Napear Show featuring Doug Christie 12/5