SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Capitals will be leaving town for Las Vegas after the team says it couldn’t find a permanent home.
The Capitals played 28 seasons in Sacramento and won a league-record six Mylan World TeamTennis titles, including 4 straight from 1997 to 2000.
The team will be renamed the Las Vegas Neon for the 39th WTT season.
“The Capitals franchise enjoyed many great years in Sacramento and we will miss our truly dedicated fan base there,” general manager Kolleen McNamee said in a prepared statement. “But we can’t wait to start this new chapter.”
- White Sox, Bears Subtly Troll Kim And Kanye Baby Name Announcement
- Olympian Aly Raisman Tells Nassar In Court: ‘The Tables Have Turned, Larry’
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NFL Championship Match-Ups
- College Basketball Games Of The Week: Arizona, Stanford Battle For The Top Of The Pac-12
- Where Will The Top College RBs Land?