Insanity Defense Expected For Davis Mom Accused Of Killing Daughter
You might also like...
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A Davis mother accused of killing her five-year-old daughter is expected to plead not guilty by reason of insanity at her next court appearance scheduled for Wednesday.
The attorney for Aquelin Talamantes revealed her intended plea in Yolo County in last month.
Facing a judge, Talamantes said through her defense attorney that she wanted to suspend the criminal proceedings for a psychological evaluation. The judge and district attorney agreed.
“Her attorney has declared doubt as to her competence, and someone who understands these issues is going to evaluate her to determine if she is competent in the mental-health professional’s opinion,” said Yolo County Deputy District Attorney Ryan Couzens.
Talamantes is accused of killing her daughter, Tatiana Garcia, and putting her body in the trunk of her car in September.
Police believe that crime actually took places at Talamantes’ Davis apartment on Glide Avenue, with the coroner later determining the cause of death to be drowning.
- Insanity Defense Expected For Davis Mom Accused Of Killing Daughter
- Davis Mother Accused Of Drowning Daughter Asks For Psychological Evaluation
- Coroner: Girl Found Dead In Mother’s Trunk Died From Drowning
- Bitter Custody Fight Put 5-Year-Old With Mom Accused Of Killing Her
- Davis Mother Accused Of Killing Daughter Pleads Not Guilty