Insanity Defense Expected For Davis Mom Accused Of Killing Daughter
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A Davis mother accused of killing her five-year-old daughter is expected to plead not guilty by reason of insanity at her next court appearance scheduled for Wednesday.
The attorney for Aquelin Talamantes revealed her intended plea in Yolo County in last month.
Facing a judge, Talamantes said through her defense attorney that she wanted to suspend the criminal proceedings for a psychological evaluation. The judge and district attorney agreed.
“Her attorney has declared doubt as to her competence, and someone who understands these issues is going to evaluate her to determine if she is competent in the mental-health professional’s opinion,” said Yolo County Deputy District Attorney Ryan Couzens.
Talamantes is accused of killing her daughter, Tatiana Garcia, and putting her body in the trunk of her car in September.
Police believe that crime actually took places at Talamantes’ Davis apartment on Glide Avenue, with the coroner later determining the cause of death to be drowning.
- Davis Mother Sentenced In Drowning Death Of 5-Year-Old Daughter
- Jury Rejects Insanity Plea Of Davis Woman Convicted Of Killing Daughter
- Davis Woman Found Guilty Of Killing Her Daughter
- Jury Could Get Case Of Davis Mom Allegedly Drowning 5-Year-Old Daughter After Holiday
- Trial Begins For Davis Mom Accused Of Drowning Daughter In Bathtub