Insanity Defense Expected For Davis Mom Accused Of Killing Daughter
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DAVIS (CBS13) – A Davis mother accused of killing her five-year-old daughter is expected to plead not guilty by reason of insanity at her next court appearance scheduled for Wednesday.
The attorney for Aquelin Talamantes revealed her intended plea in Yolo County in last month.
Facing a judge, Talamantes said through her defense attorney that she wanted to suspend the criminal proceedings for a psychological evaluation. The judge and district attorney agreed.
“Her attorney has declared doubt as to her competence, and someone who understands these issues is going to evaluate her to determine if she is competent in the mental-health professional’s opinion,” said Yolo County Deputy District Attorney Ryan Couzens.
Talamantes is accused of killing her daughter, Tatiana Garcia, and putting her body in the trunk of her car in September.
Police believe that crime actually took places at Talamantes’ Davis apartment on Glide Avenue, with the coroner later determining the cause of death to be drowning.
- Davis Mother Sentenced In Drowning Death Of 5-Year-Old Daughter
- Jury Rejects Insanity Plea Of Davis Woman Convicted Of Killing Daughter
- Davis Woman Found Guilty Of Killing Her Daughter
- Jury Could Get Case Of Davis Mom Allegedly Drowning 5-Year-Old Daughter After Holiday
- Trial Begins For Davis Mom Accused Of Drowning Daughter In Bathtub