UPDATE: Stolen Cars, Suspects In Loomis Home Invasion Robbery Found
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A portion of westbound Interstate 80 was closed Thursday afternoon as investigators searched for suspects wanted in connection to a Loomis home invasion robbery.
Three suspects—two men and a woman—entered a home in a gated community at around 7:30 a.m. and tied up a man and a woman inside, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Department.
Detectives say one suspect had an AK-47 as they ransacked the home.
To get into the home, the suspects would have had to go through two gates—one at the front of the community and another at the home itself.
The suspects left in the car they came in, plus two more they stole from the residence.
The victims would eventually get free and call police. Deputies spotted the cars on Interstate 80, prompting a shutdown of parts of the highway.
The two victims’ vehicles were found in the Roseville area near Interstate 80 and Douglas Boulevard, while the suspects’ car was found at a gas station in Roseville.
When the suspects were arrested, deputies found guns and property. But deputies aren’t sure how they got into the neighborhood in the first place.
More Roseville-Related News
- Roseville Hosting National Softball Tournament As Temperatures Soar Past 100 Degrees
- Man’s Body Found Near Bike Trail In Roseville
- Domestic Violence Suspect Surrenders After Barricading Himself In Roseville Apartment
- Water Rates Rise As California Cities Lose Money In Drought
- Roseville Police Warn Of Fake National Guard Solicitors