Santa Cruz Man Crashes Car Into Theater, Commits Suicide With Glass Debris
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) – Police in Santa Cruz say a man committed suicide by crashing his car into a theater and then stabbing himself in the neck and torso with pieces of the glass debris.
Officers who responded to the scene around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday tried to stop the 34-year-old man from bleeding. He had apparently struck an artery.
But Deputy Chief Steve Clark says he resisted the officers’ attempts to provide first aid. He was eventually loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The theater was closed at the time.
The man has not been identified, although police say he was a Santa Cruz resident and had a history of alcohol, drug and theft-related contact with officers.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.