Santa Cruz Man Crashes Car Into Theater, Commits Suicide With Glass Debris
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) – Police in Santa Cruz say a man committed suicide by crashing his car into a theater and then stabbing himself in the neck and torso with pieces of the glass debris.
Officers who responded to the scene around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday tried to stop the 34-year-old man from bleeding. He had apparently struck an artery.
But Deputy Chief Steve Clark says he resisted the officers’ attempts to provide first aid. He was eventually loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The theater was closed at the time.
The man has not been identified, although police say he was a Santa Cruz resident and had a history of alcohol, drug and theft-related contact with officers.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.