Santa Cruz Man Crashes Car Into Theater, Commits Suicide With Glass Debris
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) – Police in Santa Cruz say a man committed suicide by crashing his car into a theater and then stabbing himself in the neck and torso with pieces of the glass debris.
Officers who responded to the scene around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday tried to stop the 34-year-old man from bleeding. He had apparently struck an artery.
But Deputy Chief Steve Clark says he resisted the officers’ attempts to provide first aid. He was eventually loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The theater was closed at the time.
The man has not been identified, although police say he was a Santa Cruz resident and had a history of alcohol, drug and theft-related contact with officers.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.