Santa Cruz Man Crashes Car Into Theater, Commits Suicide With Glass Debris
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) – Police in Santa Cruz say a man committed suicide by crashing his car into a theater and then stabbing himself in the neck and torso with pieces of the glass debris.
Officers who responded to the scene around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday tried to stop the 34-year-old man from bleeding. He had apparently struck an artery.
But Deputy Chief Steve Clark says he resisted the officers’ attempts to provide first aid. He was eventually loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The theater was closed at the time.
The man has not been identified, although police say he was a Santa Cruz resident and had a history of alcohol, drug and theft-related contact with officers.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.