Santa Cruz Man Crashes Car Into Theater, Commits Suicide With Glass Debris
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) – Police in Santa Cruz say a man committed suicide by crashing his car into a theater and then stabbing himself in the neck and torso with pieces of the glass debris.
Officers who responded to the scene around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday tried to stop the 34-year-old man from bleeding. He had apparently struck an artery.
But Deputy Chief Steve Clark says he resisted the officers’ attempts to provide first aid. He was eventually loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The theater was closed at the time.
The man has not been identified, although police say he was a Santa Cruz resident and had a history of alcohol, drug and theft-related contact with officers.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.