UDPATE: Urn Containing Child’s Cremated Remains Stolen From Stockton Home
STOCKTON (CBS13) — When thieves broke into Ranesha Williams’ home on Wednesday, they ransacked the place.
“I came home from work, and my windows were completely off the hinges, and they had wiped me completely out,” she said. “No clothes, no DVD players, no nothing.”
While tallying what was taken in the afternoon burglary, she quickly realized thieves stole a treasure that can’t be replaced.
“My son’s ashes were missing,” she said.
The tiny urn on the mantel in honor of the baby who died while she was 22 weeks pregnant was taken.
“It’s a blue velvet box. The urn is grey, like charcoal grey, and has the initials ZT on it,” she said.
Stockton Police Officer Joe Silva says the department hasn’t made an arrest, and they’re urging witnesses to come forward.
“This burglar is very sentimental to our victim because of what was taken,” she said. “So we wanted to get the word out to the public, so if they know who the suspect or suspects are, they’ll contact the police department.”
Williams is looking to move her family elsewhere, but in the meantime is hoping thieves do the right thing.
“I don’t care about anything else, just bring back that,” she said, “and if you don’t want to bring it back to me, just set it on my doorstep. You know where I live. You broke in.”
More Stockton News
- Stockton Steel Company Feels Full-Court Press On Sacramento Kings Arena Roof Job
- Stockton Police Reviewing Protocol After K-9 Dies In Hot Patrol Car
- Police, Zoo Animals, Children Find Ways To Stay Cool In Intense Heat
- Stockton Police Searching For Robbery Suspect Who May Have Broken Nose
- Construction Could Stop In Central Valley Cities Without State Funds For Levees