UDPATE: Urn Containing Child’s Cremated Remains Stolen From Stockton Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — When thieves broke into Ranesha Williams’ home on Wednesday, they ransacked the place.
“I came home from work, and my windows were completely off the hinges, and they had wiped me completely out,” she said. “No clothes, no DVD players, no nothing.”
While tallying what was taken in the afternoon burglary, she quickly realized thieves stole a treasure that can’t be replaced.
“My son’s ashes were missing,” she said.
The tiny urn on the mantel in honor of the baby who died while she was 22 weeks pregnant was taken.
“It’s a blue velvet box. The urn is grey, like charcoal grey, and has the initials ZT on it,” she said.
Stockton Police Officer Joe Silva says the department hasn’t made an arrest, and they’re urging witnesses to come forward.
“This burglar is very sentimental to our victim because of what was taken,” she said. “So we wanted to get the word out to the public, so if they know who the suspect or suspects are, they’ll contact the police department.”
Williams is looking to move her family elsewhere, but in the meantime is hoping thieves do the right thing.
“I don’t care about anything else, just bring back that,” she said, “and if you don’t want to bring it back to me, just set it on my doorstep. You know where I live. You broke in.”
More Stockton News
- Stockton City Councilman Apologizes For Alleged DUI While Speeding Over Weekend
- Crowdfunding Campaign Started To Help Elderly Stockton Mom Replace Stolen Van
- Stockton City Councilman Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
- Primary Suspect In Stockton Cineplex Murder Arrested In Iowa
- Family Of Slain Stockton Bank Hostage Says Police Force Was ‘Excessive’