Suspects Arrested In Loomis Home Invasion Robbery Identified
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Authorities arrested three people Thursday in connection with a home invasion robbery that led to the partial closure of a busy freeway in Roseville.
Juan Jose Guerrero, 33, Lenny Enrique Saldana, 20, and Rita Velasquez, 26, all from Willits, Calif., were arrested after they allegedly entered a home in a gated Loomis community at around 7:30 a.m. and tied up a man, 28, and a woman, 27, inside, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Department.
Detectives say one of the suspects had an AK-47 as they ransacked the home. The robbers stole some items and left in the car they came in, plus two more they stole from the residence.
Five hours later, the victims got free and called police.
Deputies spotted the stolen cars on Interstate 80, prompting a shutdown of parts of the highway near Douglas Boulevard. The suspects’ car was found at a gas station in Roseville.
When the suspects were arrested, deputies found guns and property. But deputies aren’t sure how they got into the neighborhood in the first place.
To get into the home, the suspects would have had to go through two gates—one at the front of the community and another at the home itself. One of the suspects used to work for the male victim.
The suspects face charges of burglary, conspiracy, vehicle theft, grand theft, assault, possession of stolen property, and making criminal threats.
Guerrero and Saldana’s bail was set at $200,000. Velasquez has been denied bail because she was wanted by police in Solano County. She was also charged with possession of a controlled substance and bringing a controlled substance into jail.
More Roseville-Related News
- CSI Roseville: CBS13 Gets Rare Glimpse Of Crime-Fighting Technology
- Young Driver’s Condition Upgraded After Weekend Crash At Roseville’s All-American Speedway
- Family Hoping For Speedy Recovery After Racer Crashes Speedway
- Fresh Produce Shortage Puts Strain On Placer Food Bank
- Rash Of Roseville Burglaries Have Business Owners On Edge