Suspects Arrested In Loomis Home Invasion Robbery Identified
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Authorities arrested three people Thursday in connection with a home invasion robbery that led to the partial closure of a busy freeway in Roseville.
Juan Jose Guerrero, 33, Lenny Enrique Saldana, 20, and Rita Velasquez, 26, all from Willits, Calif., were arrested after they allegedly entered a home in a gated Loomis community at around 7:30 a.m. and tied up a man, 28, and a woman, 27, inside, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Department.
Detectives say one of the suspects had an AK-47 as they ransacked the home. The robbers stole some items and left in the car they came in, plus two more they stole from the residence.
Five hours later, the victims got free and called police.
Deputies spotted the stolen cars on Interstate 80, prompting a shutdown of parts of the highway near Douglas Boulevard. The suspects’ car was found at a gas station in Roseville.
When the suspects were arrested, deputies found guns and property. But deputies aren’t sure how they got into the neighborhood in the first place.
To get into the home, the suspects would have had to go through two gates—one at the front of the community and another at the home itself. One of the suspects used to work for the male victim.
The suspects face charges of burglary, conspiracy, vehicle theft, grand theft, assault, possession of stolen property, and making criminal threats.
Guerrero and Saldana’s bail was set at $200,000. Velasquez has been denied bail because she was wanted by police in Solano County. She was also charged with possession of a controlled substance and bringing a controlled substance into jail.
More Roseville-Related News
- Placer County Courthouse Evacuated After Threat
- Several Mountain Lion Sightings Reported In Roseville
- Geared Up: Roseville Middle Schoolers Helping Police Fix Up Bikes For The Needy
- Robbery Suspects Crash Car Into Roseville Home
- Roseville Galleria Offering App To Help Navigate Mall During Holiday Shopping