Large Tree Falls Onto Car In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – High winds and saturated ground caused a tree in Sacramento to fall down, barely missing homes.
“My wife and I woke up to this tremendous boom,” said Matt Ryan, a nearby resident.
The cracking sound happened at 3 a.m. in East Sacramento, causing a car to be destroyed.
“It was like two freight cars booming together,” said Ryan. “It lasted for quite a while. We didn’t know what it was.”
The rain and wind caused the massive tree to topple over, lying parallel to the homes it sat in front of for more than a century.
“It’s pretty unbelievable,” said Ryan.
While the tree amazingly didn’t hit any homes, Ryan said it caused a domino effect as it fell, causing damage to other trees.
“It’s amazing that everybody is OK, that it really kind of missed everything except for the car,” said Ryan.
He incident was a close call for people in the area, and a reminder for residents to keep an eye on the condition of their trees during the storm.