Large Tree Falls Onto Car In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – High winds and saturated ground caused a tree in Sacramento to fall down, barely missing homes.
“My wife and I woke up to this tremendous boom,” said Matt Ryan, a nearby resident.
The cracking sound happened at 3 a.m. in East Sacramento, causing a car to be destroyed.
“It was like two freight cars booming together,” said Ryan. “It lasted for quite a while. We didn’t know what it was.”
The rain and wind caused the massive tree to topple over, lying parallel to the homes it sat in front of for more than a century.
“It’s pretty unbelievable,” said Ryan.
While the tree amazingly didn’t hit any homes, Ryan said it caused a domino effect as it fell, causing damage to other trees.
“It’s amazing that everybody is OK, that it really kind of missed everything except for the car,” said Ryan.
He incident was a close call for people in the area, and a reminder for residents to keep an eye on the condition of their trees during the storm.