Large Tree Falls Onto Car In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – High winds and saturated ground caused a tree in Sacramento to fall down, barely missing homes.
“My wife and I woke up to this tremendous boom,” said Matt Ryan, a nearby resident.
The cracking sound happened at 3 a.m. in East Sacramento, causing a car to be destroyed.
“It was like two freight cars booming together,” said Ryan. “It lasted for quite a while. We didn’t know what it was.”
The rain and wind caused the massive tree to topple over, lying parallel to the homes it sat in front of for more than a century.
“It’s pretty unbelievable,” said Ryan.
While the tree amazingly didn’t hit any homes, Ryan said it caused a domino effect as it fell, causing damage to other trees.
“It’s amazing that everybody is OK, that it really kind of missed everything except for the car,” said Ryan.
He incident was a close call for people in the area, and a reminder for residents to keep an eye on the condition of their trees during the storm.