You imagine the Italian Stallion, Mr. T, Apollo Creed and the late, great Burgess Meredith.
The familiar theme inspires dreams of running up the museum steps in Philadelphia screaming “Yo Adrian!”, but will it inspire you to buy this new Blu Ray set, the “Rocky Heavyweight Collection”?
Fans inevitably own copies of the movie franchise. Back in 2009, the entire collection was released on Blu Ray and various other releases have made each film featuring this iconic character easily accessible.
This new collection, which hits the streets February 11, features the first movie “Rocky” in a newly remastered format. This movie certainly isn’t known for its bright, rich color – so a remastered version may not mean much to you. In addition, the other five films do not receive the remastering treatment.
Fans may be curious to check out the new feature “8mm Home Movies of Rocky (1975)”, which features narration by director John G. Avildsen and production manager Lloyd Kaufman.
There are over three hours of previously released bonus features, including:
• In the Ring: Three-Part Making of Documentary
• Behind the Scenes Featurettes: makeup, music, directing and camera work
• Boxing Features: Three Rounds with legendary trainer Lou Duva, The Opponents and The Ring of Truth
• Tributes to Burgess Meredith and James Crabe
• Interview with a Legend: Bert Sugar
• Video Commentary with Sylvester Stallone
• Sylvester Stallone on Dinah! (1976)
• Theatrical Trailers, TV spots and more
As for the movies themselves, “Rocky” is an amazing film and each of its sequels have something for fans to enjoy. Stallone ended the run of six features with “Rocky Balboa”, a thoroughly enjoyable finale to the iconic franchise.
If you already own the last set, you may want to skip this one. But if not, step into the ring one more time with the “Rocky Heavyweight Collection” and enjoy every punch, every opponent and every unforgettable moment.