Statewide Amber Alert issued For Child After Oakland Carjacking
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
OAKLAND, Calif. (CBS13/AP) — A statewide Amber alert has been issued for after a carjacking and child kidnapping outside a grocery store.
Authorities warned the public on Tuesday to stay away from the carjacked vehicle that was being driven by one victim and carrying a 13-year-old black teenage girl.
Witnesses said a suspect with a knife forced the occupant – an older man- to drive away with the teenager in the rear seat.
The Oakland Police are asking for people to be on the lookout for a red 2001 Infiniti vehicle with the California license plate 6JFM648.
The vehicle was originally reported as an SUV, but could potentially be a sedan, officers said.
The kidnapper has been described as a black male in his 40s, who is about 5-foot-7 and 165 pounds. He is wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.