Statewide Amber Alert issued For Child After Oakland Carjacking
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (CBS13/AP) — A statewide Amber alert has been issued for after a carjacking and child kidnapping outside a grocery store.
Authorities warned the public on Tuesday to stay away from the carjacked vehicle that was being driven by one victim and carrying a 13-year-old black teenage girl.
Witnesses said a suspect with a knife forced the occupant – an older man- to drive away with the teenager in the rear seat.
The Oakland Police are asking for people to be on the lookout for a red 2001 Infiniti vehicle with the California license plate 6JFM648.
The vehicle was originally reported as an SUV, but could potentially be a sedan, officers said.
The kidnapper has been described as a black male in his 40s, who is about 5-foot-7 and 165 pounds. He is wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.