Dense fog in Stockton and Modesto reduced visibility to less than a quarter of a mile.
A dense fog advisory was effect just south of this area.
A few light rain showers may clip the northern portion of our area today – mainly north of Sacramento. Otherwise, we’ll just continue to see a bit more cloud cover than sunshine.
On Saturday and Sunday there’s a better chance wet weather will drop farther down from the north and into Sacramento, with the snow level at about 6,000 feet in the Sierra.
Visit the CBS Sacramento weather section for the latest forecast.
More Drought-Related Stories
- Are California Almond Growers Being Told Not To Plant More Trees?
- Record Heat Giving Cherry Farmers Hope For Better Year After Drought
- Water District Accuses California Board Of Overstepping Bounds In Drought Investigation
- Arborists Warn Rain, Wind Exposing Dangers Of Dying Trees In California Drought
- California Misses Water Conservation Target In December