Dense fog in Stockton and Modesto reduced visibility to less than a quarter of a mile.
A dense fog advisory was effect just south of this area.
A few light rain showers may clip the northern portion of our area today – mainly north of Sacramento. Otherwise, we’ll just continue to see a bit more cloud cover than sunshine.
On Saturday and Sunday there’s a better chance wet weather will drop farther down from the north and into Sacramento, with the snow level at about 6,000 feet in the Sierra.
Visit the CBS Sacramento weather section for the latest forecast.
More Drought-Related Stories
- Areas Of San Joaquin Valley Sink Further In 2016, Officials Blame Groundwater Pumping
- Water Regulators Considering Whether To Lift California Water Restrictions
- Sierra Snowpack Measures Heaviest In 22 Years
- Soggy January Hasn’t Solved California’s Groundwater Problems In Drought
- California Water Officials Warn To Wait Before Declaring End Of Drought