Mayor Johnson: 2014 ‘The Year Of Groundbreakings’
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Mayor Kevin Johnson is calling 2014 “the year of groundbreakings” in Sacramento.
The mayor got the crowd pumped his State of the City speech on Wednesday night, showing new pictures of the proposed downtown arena.
“We made a deal with the city, and when the city council voted 7-2 to approve the deal, I called the mayor and I said, ‘Mayor, I’m going to buy this team, no matter what it takes.’ And I’ve kept my part of the bargain,” said Kings owner Vivek Ranadive.
Opposition groups have filed lawsuits against the arena deal.
The arena groundbreaking is set for September.