Kevin Johnson, Mitch Richmond Finalists For Basketball Hall Of Fame
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Mayor and former Phoenix Suns star Kevin Johnson is a finalist for the basketball hall of fame.
The announcement from the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall Of Fame says Johnson joins four other player finalists this year, including former Sacramento Kings player Mitch Richmond.
The five finalists will learn who enters the hall on April 7 during the NCAA Men’s Final Four.
Johnson released a statement saying he was honored and humbled to be a finalist for the award.
Also up for possible induction are Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Spencer Haywood