Kevin Johnson, Mitch Richmond Finalists For Basketball Hall Of Fame
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Mayor and former Phoenix Suns star Kevin Johnson is a finalist for the basketball hall of fame.
The announcement from the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall Of Fame says Johnson joins four other player finalists this year, including former Sacramento Kings player Mitch Richmond.
The five finalists will learn who enters the hall on April 7 during the NCAA Men’s Final Four.
Johnson released a statement saying he was honored and humbled to be a finalist for the award.
Also up for possible induction are Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Spencer Haywood