Heroic K-9 Thor Drops Opening Puck at Stockton Thunder Game
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A heroic police dog dropped the puck at a Stockton Thunder game on Saturday.
Thor was hailed for his efforts subduing a man who reached for his gun while being sought by police for a restraining order violation.
Video released by the team shows Thor taking the puck and tossing it onto the ice toward the Stockton Thunder captain and left wing Garet Hunt. When presented with the puck a second time, he sent it right back onto the ice.
Police were responding to a report of a restraining order violation on East Hazelton Avenue. The 38-year-old woman said Juan Hernandez, 34, had come on Saturday and assaulted her while brandishing a firearm.
Officers confronted Hernandez, who had returned to the home on Sunday, on the side of the house, holding a hammer. When they told him to put it down, Hernandez fled into the backyard.
K-9 officer Thor was then sent after the suspect. Seeing the pursuing police dog, Hernandez turned to face Thor and reached into his left pocket.
Thor then brought down the hammer on the suspect’s arm, sending the gun the suspect was reaching for flying out of his hand.
The Thunder went on to drop a hammer of their own, shutting out the visiting Utah Grizzlies