Investigators: Where Was Sacramento Mom While Autistic Son Was Missing?
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Investigators want to know where a Sacramento mother was while they were searching for her missing autistic son for eight hours on Saturday.
The 11-year-old boy was found that night after wandering the streets.
Desirae McKinney, 31, was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment on Saturday. She was released on bail early Sunday with a court date set for next month.
No one at the boy’s home wanted to talk when CBS13 came by on Sunday.
“It’s frightening, because you never want to see a kid—especially a special-needs kid—get in danger like that,” said neighbor Tiffani Espinoza.
Investigators say Joseph Kingery disappeared from his home on Rhode Island Drive at around noon on Saturday.
“The helicopter was flying over, and they were announcing, ‘We’re looking for a lost 11-year-old boy named Joseph,’” neighbor Alli Anderson said.
On Sunday, people were seen moving furniture out of the boy’s home, but didn’t have much to say.
It’s unclear where young boy is, but neighbors are still concerned for his safety.