Memorial Services Set For CHP Officers Killed In Fresno County Crash
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Memorial services for two California Highway Patrol officers killed in a crash south of Fresno have been scheduled.
CHP Officer Axel Reyes says Brian Law and Juan Gonzalez will be honored at a ceremony next Monday at the Save Mart Center in Fresno.
Law and Gonzalez were on Highway 99 en route to a crash in Kingsburg earlier this week when their patrol car veered off the road, striking a signpost.
The officers died at the scene.
CHP officials say it appears the officers swerved to avoid a pedestrian involved in the initial crash.
The incident is under investigation.
More CHP-Related Stories
- With At Least 14 Dead In Wrong-Way Crashes in 2015, Caltrans Looking For Solutions
- Family, Friends Mourn Esparto Teen Killed During Driving Lesson
- Esparto Boy, 13, Killed After Crashing Truck Father Let Him Drive
- Girl, 15, Dead After Crash On Capital City Freeway
- CHP: Drowning Of 2 Boys In Rural Lincoln ATV Crash Appears To Be Accident
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.