Memorial Services Set For CHP Officers Killed In Fresno County Crash
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Memorial services for two California Highway Patrol officers killed in a crash south of Fresno have been scheduled.
CHP Officer Axel Reyes says Brian Law and Juan Gonzalez will be honored at a ceremony next Monday at the Save Mart Center in Fresno.
Law and Gonzalez were on Highway 99 en route to a crash in Kingsburg earlier this week when their patrol car veered off the road, striking a signpost.
The officers died at the scene.
CHP officials say it appears the officers swerved to avoid a pedestrian involved in the initial crash.
The incident is under investigation.
More CHP-Related Stories
- Police Seize Medical Records Of Woman Seen Punched
- Semi Truck Passenger Killed In Vallejo After Driver Nods Off And Crashes
- Union Pacific Train Hits Pickup Near Wheatland
- CHP Honors Fallen Officers At Sacramento Memorial
- Study: Driving With Hangover Can Be As Dangerous As Driving While Intoxicated
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.