Memorial Services Set For CHP Officers Killed In Fresno County Crash
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Memorial services for two California Highway Patrol officers killed in a crash south of Fresno have been scheduled.
CHP Officer Axel Reyes says Brian Law and Juan Gonzalez will be honored at a ceremony next Monday at the Save Mart Center in Fresno.
Law and Gonzalez were on Highway 99 en route to a crash in Kingsburg earlier this week when their patrol car veered off the road, striking a signpost.
The officers died at the scene.
CHP officials say it appears the officers swerved to avoid a pedestrian involved in the initial crash.
The incident is under investigation.
More CHP-Related Stories
- 2 Injured After Car Slams Into South Sacramento Home
- CHP: Officer In Beating Video May Face Serious Charges
- UPDATE: CHP Identifies Man Shot By Officer On I-5 In Woodland
- Hot Hikers Rescued By CHP Helicopter
- 4 Stockton Suspects Arrested In Connection With Stolen Vehicle
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.