Inmate At Sacramento County Jail Dies In Custody
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 24-year-old man who was being held at Sacramento County Jail died while in custody, sheriff’s officials say.
Deputies say that the inmate was vomiting and having medical issues while inside of his cell around 1 a.m. Tuesday, so he was taken to the hospital. The man was soon pronounced dead at the hospital.
Officials say that the inmate – who has not been identified at this time – had been in custody at the jail since Feb. 22. He was being held on drug and vehicle code violation charges.
Authorities do not believe that the death to be suspicious; however, the exact cause of the death is not known at this time. An inmate-death investigation, per department procedures and state law, is pending.