Inmate At Sacramento County Jail Dies In Custody
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 24-year-old man who was being held at Sacramento County Jail died while in custody, sheriff’s officials say.
Deputies say that the inmate was vomiting and having medical issues while inside of his cell around 1 a.m. Tuesday, so he was taken to the hospital. The man was soon pronounced dead at the hospital.
Officials say that the inmate – who has not been identified at this time – had been in custody at the jail since Feb. 22. He was being held on drug and vehicle code violation charges.
Authorities do not believe that the death to be suspicious; however, the exact cause of the death is not known at this time. An inmate-death investigation, per department procedures and state law, is pending.