Inmate At Sacramento County Jail Dies In Custody
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 24-year-old man who was being held at Sacramento County Jail died while in custody, sheriff’s officials say.
Deputies say that the inmate was vomiting and having medical issues while inside of his cell around 1 a.m. Tuesday, so he was taken to the hospital. The man was soon pronounced dead at the hospital.
Officials say that the inmate – who has not been identified at this time – had been in custody at the jail since Feb. 22. He was being held on drug and vehicle code violation charges.
Authorities do not believe that the death to be suspicious; however, the exact cause of the death is not known at this time. An inmate-death investigation, per department procedures and state law, is pending.