Inmate At Sacramento County Jail Dies In Custody
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 24-year-old man who was being held at Sacramento County Jail died while in custody, sheriff’s officials say.
Deputies say that the inmate was vomiting and having medical issues while inside of his cell around 1 a.m. Tuesday, so he was taken to the hospital. The man was soon pronounced dead at the hospital.
Officials say that the inmate – who has not been identified at this time – had been in custody at the jail since Feb. 22. He was being held on drug and vehicle code violation charges.
Authorities do not believe that the death to be suspicious; however, the exact cause of the death is not known at this time. An inmate-death investigation, per department procedures and state law, is pending.