Suspected Mail Thief Arrested In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man suspected of breaking into mailboxes and stealing the contents has been arrested, police say.
After a series of mail thefts throughout north Stockton, officers have been actively trying to identify a suspect. Tuesday, that suspect was identified as 26-year-old Tommy Hon.
A little after 10 p.m. Tuesday, Stockton Police officers – along with a U.S. Postal Inspector – showed up at Hon’s Mayten Court home and arrested him. Being that he was already on parole for a previous offense, his home was searched and a large amount of stolen items and tools suspected to have been used to break into mailboxes were found.
Hon, a documented gang member, was booked at San Joaquin County Jail on charges of stolen property, possession of burglary tools and a parole violation. He is being held without bail.