Jury Finds Former West Sacramento Cop Guilty Of 25 Criminal Counts
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A former West Sacramento police officer accused of raping multiple women while on-duty has been found guilty by a jury on 25 criminal counts.
The jury in the trial of Sergio Alvarez reached a verdict on Wednesday on some of the 40 charges, but due to a technicality, the Yolo County judge sent them back to the deliberation room. They announced their decision today.
In addition to sexual assault, Alvarez was convicted of charges related to kidnapping and burglary.
Alvarez reportedly committed the crimes while patrolling the capitol corridor area of West Sacramento.
Alvarez had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges.