Jury Finds Former West Sacramento Cop Guilty Of 25 Criminal Counts
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A former West Sacramento police officer accused of raping multiple women while on-duty has been found guilty by a jury on 25 criminal counts.
The jury in the trial of Sergio Alvarez reached a verdict on Wednesday on some of the 40 charges, but due to a technicality, the Yolo County judge sent them back to the deliberation room. They announced their decision today.
In addition to sexual assault, Alvarez was convicted of charges related to kidnapping and burglary.
Alvarez reportedly committed the crimes while patrolling the capitol corridor area of West Sacramento.
Alvarez had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges.