Jury Finds Former West Sacramento Cop Guilty Of 25 Criminal Counts
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A former West Sacramento police officer accused of raping multiple women while on-duty has been found guilty by a jury on 25 criminal counts.
The jury in the trial of Sergio Alvarez reached a verdict on Wednesday on some of the 40 charges, but due to a technicality, the Yolo County judge sent them back to the deliberation room. They announced their decision today.
In addition to sexual assault, Alvarez was convicted of charges related to kidnapping and burglary.
Alvarez reportedly committed the crimes while patrolling the capitol corridor area of West Sacramento.
Alvarez had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges.