Jury Finds Former West Sacramento Cop Guilty Of 25 Criminal Counts
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A former West Sacramento police officer accused of raping multiple women while on-duty has been found guilty by a jury on 25 criminal counts.
The jury in the trial of Sergio Alvarez reached a verdict on Wednesday on some of the 40 charges, but due to a technicality, the Yolo County judge sent them back to the deliberation room. They announced their decision today.
In addition to sexual assault, Alvarez was convicted of charges related to kidnapping and burglary.
Alvarez reportedly committed the crimes while patrolling the capitol corridor area of West Sacramento.
Alvarez had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges.