Jury Finds Former West Sacramento Cop Guilty Of 25 Criminal Counts
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A former West Sacramento police officer accused of raping multiple women while on-duty has been found guilty by a jury on 25 criminal counts.
The jury in the trial of Sergio Alvarez reached a verdict on Wednesday on some of the 40 charges, but due to a technicality, the Yolo County judge sent them back to the deliberation room. They announced their decision today.
In addition to sexual assault, Alvarez was convicted of charges related to kidnapping and burglary.
Alvarez reportedly committed the crimes while patrolling the capitol corridor area of West Sacramento.
Alvarez had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges.