Hatchet-Wielding Man Arrested In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Officers were called out to the 3000 block of K Street at around 8:45 a.m. on reports that a man was walking around with a hatchet. According to police spokesman Doug Morse, the man was acting delusional and ran from the officers as they went to meet him.
A perimeter was quickly set up and K9 officers were brought in to help search for the man. He was located and taken into custody.
The man has been identified as 44-year-old Anthony Smith. He was taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries he received on his leg while being arrested.
Smith faces changes of resisting arrest and unspecified weapons charges.
Sutter Middle School, which is several blocks away from the incident, was placed on lockdown as a precaution.