Possible Carjacking Ends With Crash In Elverta
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELVERTA (CBS13) – Sacramento County deputies are investigating an alleged carjacking in Rio Linda that happened on Monday morning.
The incident began before 7 a.m. and ended at 9th Street and Elverta Road when the vehicle left the roadway and hit a hill, according to a CHP statement.
Deputies say the suspect reportedly tried to steal a man’s car, but when he refused, the suspect stole a woman’s car. Police say he hit the woman as he was attempting to drive away.
The suspect crashed the vehicle a short time later in Elverta. He and the victim were taken to the hospital to be treated for their injuries.