California Student Arrested In Fraud Scheme
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles community college student has been arrested on suspicion of defrauding hundreds of alleged victims to pay for tuition, jewelry and hair extensions.
Sheriff’s officials say 34-year-old Reon Jordan was taken into custody Tuesday following a nine-month investigation.
Detectives say Jordan allegedly used fraudulently obtained credit card numbers and identity profiles to purchase gift cards to pay for classes at West Los Angeles Community College.
She is also accused of using the stolen funds to purchase hair extensions, clothing, jewelry and airline tickets.
Investigators say Jordan obtained her victim’s information through her prior employment at ABEO, a medical billing company with offices in Pasadena.
She was found to be in possession of over 400 identity profiles and over 200 credit numbers.
Detectives believe there may be additional possible victims that have yet to be identified.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.