Deuce’s Blog: Jersey Watch 2014
By Dave “Deuce” Mason
During the long, 82-game grind of an NBA season you have to find ways to make games more entertaining. The way I do it is to pick a player from a team and if the player meets a certain accomplishment during a game, I buy his jersey.
What’s the risk? Well, these players received increased playing time and if I lose, I have to spend my money on some random players jersey.
My record: 7-0
Lets take a look back at all the my victims…
Double-double-victims: If any of these players were able to have a double-double, I’m screwed:
1. Kyle O’Quinn-Orlando Magic-I said I’d buy his jersey if he finished with a double-double
Result: 0 points and 9 rebounds in 15 minutes in a Kings win.
2. Tyler Zeller-Cleveland Cavaliers-He received more playing time for Cleveland due to an injury to Anderson Varejao
Result: 6 points and one rebound in 13 minutes in a win against the Kings.
3. Aaron Gray-Sacramento Kings-Gray got the start against Indiana in place of an injured DeMarcus Cousins.
Result: 3 points and 7 rebounds in 36 minutes in the Kings loss.
4. Enes Kanter-Utah Jazz-Kanter doesn’t have many double-doubles but his size could’ve given the Kings trouble.
Result: 16 points and 3 rebounds in a win over the Kings.
5. Donatas Montiejunas-Houston Rockets-The young big man got the start against the Kings in place of the injured Terrance Jones.
Result: 6 points and 9 rebounds in 29 minutes.
6. Kent Bazemore-Los Angeles Lakers-I would have to pick up the ugly purple and gold jersey if he was able to score 20 points. He started strong with 6 points in the first quarter.
Result: 12 points in 27 minutes a Lakers win. Bazemore has scored 20 or more twice since coming over for Golden State at the trade deadline.
7. Nate Wolters-Bucks guard-The Kings have had issues ALL season with guards scoring. All Nate would have to do his put up 15 points and I would buy his jersey. Sounds simple, right?
What was going against me? How about the fact that it was Nate Wolters poster night in Milwaukee.
He scored 4 points in the first few minutes of the game against the Kings but failed to reach 15.
Result: 6 points for the rookie guard.
Who should my next victim be? Hit me up on Twitter: @deucemason and listen 12-3 p.m. on KHTK Sports 1140